Yoga asanas rejuvenate both mind and body, whereas most of the other physical exercises focus on physical strength. Expelling toxins from the body and removing negative thoughts from the soul, yoga would introduce you to a healthy way of life.
Power yoga poses have been a relatively novel concept. The power of yoga asanas offers several benefits. In this era of fast-paced and busy life, power yoga asana may be a preferable choice for those looking to maintain a strong body that endures challenges.
What is Power Yoga?
Yoga asanas indicate calm and composed physical activity, with the person involved one yoga pose at a time. S/he would switch to the next yoga asana, taking enough time to regulate the breathing and shifting the body posture in a slow manner.
It is not the case with power yoga asanas. While doing power yoga, the individual would be switching from one pose to another without any pause or time-lapse. The variation in breath, movement of body parts including limbs, and focus would shift accordingly.
Power yoga poses are fluidic in nature. A power yoga trainer would guide the student on the right way to perform power yoga asanas. The benefits of power yoga lie in the methodology it is performed. By pursuing power yoga properly, the individual would become a keenly concentrating and strong individual with impressive body strength.
The main benefits of power yoga include a boost in body strength, enhancement of endurance, and burning of calories. Power yoga may be considered a form of Vinyasa Yoga. Notably, this yoga is sprouted from Ashtanga yoga. The dynamic power yoga asana session would appear as if aerobics.
What are the Basic Power Yoga Poses?
The set of power yoga poses or power yoga asanas might differ depending on the yoga trainers and the objective of the pupil. The power yoga asanas include:
· Ardhachandrasana (Half Moon)
· Paripurna Navasana (Boat)
· Ustrasana (Camel)
· Shalabhasana (Locust)
· Chaturanga Dandasana (Low Plank)
· Adho Mukha Savasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
· Utkatasana (Chair)
· Anjaneyasana (Crescent Lunge)
· Bhujangasana (Cobra)
· Eka Pada Adho Mukha Savasana (One-legged Dog)
What are the Benefits of Power Yoga Asanas?
As we have stated in the introduction, power yoga asanas are beneficial for the body and mind. The power yoga poses instill physical and mental strength in the individual if practiced properly under an experienced yoga trainer. Include power yoga asanas in your daily activities, to expel negativity induced due to stress due to varying factors.
· Cardiovascular Health – Heart attacks and other cardiovascular problems have become a common aspect nowadays. The workload, running around to meet deadlines, and complications at home, along with the junk food culture have been the reason behind this. Power yoga asana would help in regaining heart health, keeping the blood circulation uniformly, and ensuring better functioning of organs. · Strengthening Lungs – A proper regulated breathing would eventually aid in strengthening the lungs by expelling accumulated negative elements.
· Helps in Maintaining Blood Pressure – High BP has been another side effect of the stressful life, junk food, and lack of adequate physical activity. Power yoga poses are designed to help maintain BP in the acceptable range.
· Reduce Cholesterol – Reduce cholesterol and maintain it in the correct range by following power asana daily.
· Prevent the Possibility of Type 2 Diabetes – By boosting the digestion process and burning of calories, power yoga asana reduces the possibility of type 2 diabetes optimally. This is one of the prime benefits of power yoga, with the world registering a phenomenal increase in diabetes patients.
· Strong Muscles and Bones – The yoga trainer would guide you on the right power yoga asanas to improve the strength of muscles and bones.
· Motor Control – Control in limbs and other body parts is another benefit from power yoga.
In addition to the above, power yoga offers many other benefits including aiding in weight loss, boosting immunity, elevating the energy levels of the individual, better functioning of the brain, and ensuring a sound sleep.
Join power yoga classes today and get rid of all the negativity from life. To discuss more on the benefits of power yoga, connect with dubaiyogatrainers now.