Yoga is one of the best physical activities that you can engage in. Yoga helps us live healthy by promoting harmony and balance between our mind, body, and spirit. Through its various poses and breathing exercises, yoga aids physical and mental health. At Dubai Yoga Trainers, we are focused on providing the best training in yoga poses and breathing exercises to people of all ages.
There are many disciplines of yoga and one of them is Sivananda Yoga. The certified yoga instructors at Dubai Yoga Trainers are well-trained in the various disciplines of yoga, including Sivananda Yoga. If you are looking for the best classes for Sivananda yoga in Dubai, Dubai Yoga Trainers is the yoga training center for you. Before joining Sivananda yoga classes in Dubai, let us check out what makes this particular yoga discipline stand out.
Sivananda yoga is a yoga discipline developed by Swami Sivananda. It is an unconventional and mild form of yoga that aims to improve the mental and physical well-being of a person. Sivananda yoga lays its focus on meditation, breathing techniques, and spirituality. Sivananda yoga was popularized across the world by Swami Vishnudevananda and since then it has become one of the most sought-after yoga disciplines in the world.
One of the most standout features of Sivananda yoga poses is that even though they are simple, there is no doubt that they are highly effective in promoting better health and well-being, both physically and mentally. Sivananda yoga follows certain principles which are:
- Asana or proper exercise
- Pranayama or proper breathing
- Savasana or proper relaxation
- Bhojan or proper vegetarian diet
- Vedanta or proper thinking and Dhyana or meditation
The Yoga Asanas
There are 12 basic Sivananda yoga poses that are practiced during Sivananda yoga classes in Dubai. They are:
- Sirsasana or Headstand
- Sarvangasana or Shoulder Stand
- Halasana or Plough
- Matsyasana or fish
- Paschimottanasana or Sitting Forward Bend
- Bhujangasana or Cobra
- Shalabhasana or Locust
- Dhanurasana or Bow
- Ardha Matsyendrasana or Half Spinal Twist
- Kakasana or Crow/ Mayurasana or Peacock
- Padahastasana or Standing Forward Bend
- Trikonasana or Triangle
These Sivananda yoga poses are performed in a sequence. This sequence starts with Pranayama or a proper breathing technique. The sequence ends with Savasana or relaxation. The yoga asana sequence is designed in a way that all the major organs in the body are involved in yoga practice. This sequence also ensures the proper flow of life-force energy through the body.
Benefits of Sivananda Yoga
One of the main reasons why you should enroll in Sivananda yoga classes in Dubai is the benefits that it provides. Some of the amazing benefits of Sivananda yoga are:
- It promotes positive thinking and helps in relieving stress, meditation, and self-empowerment
- It helps in restoring the energy of the body and vitality, which is why it benefits aged people
- It promotes blood circulation
- It strengthens and improves the flexibility of the joints, muscles, ligaments, and tendons
- It improves the flexibility and strength of the spine
- It strengthens your muscles
- It helps in cleaning your breathing system, including your lungs
- It strengthens the skeletal system and helps in aligning the body
- It helps in promoting the better functioning of the digestive system
- It promotes the health of the nervous system
These are some of the amazing benefits of Sivananda yoga classes in Dubai. Stay healthy in mind and body with the best yoga discipline – Sivananda yoga. Contact Dubai Yoga Trainers now!